Updated: Jul 30, 2020
Now, more than ever, customers want to support their friends.
So, how do you grow your network of friends over social media?
Just like you would in real life: by letting people get to know you and your story.
We’ve heard that sigh before, as you are probably thinking, “but no one cares about little ol’ meeeee.”
Good news, Chum-a-Rum: people DO care about you. And when you share your story, they become the kind of friends who feel invested in your success.
You, and your story, are what makes you stand out. And as Amanda Bynes said in the critically-acclaimed rom-com What A Girl Wants: “Why are you trying so hard to fit in when you were born stand out?”
Oh yes, we went there.
But if you’re shy or hesitant about sharing your story, let’s work on this together.
Without any further ado, here are five prompts to start telling your story:
1. Why’d you start your business?
2. When did you start your business?
3. What happened just before you started your business that pushed you to do it?
4. Was there someone in your family who influenced you to do what you do?
5. What’s one great thing that has come out of your entrepreneurial journey that you never would have expected when you were starting out?
Try one prompt per week for a social media post. We can’t guarantee that you’ll end up with a handsome musician boyfriend and long-lost aristocratic father à la What A Girl Wants, but we can promise you that you’ll win a few fans.